Beware while camping near the lake monster’s home!
You find a good camping spot by a lake. Little do you know that the waters are home to a fearsome monster. While you’re cooking dinner, the creature springs out of the lake! The monster’s body is shaped like a giant whale, with silver scales glistening in the light of the setting sun. The sight makes you both fearful and amazed.
The monster wends toward you, stopping before the water becomes too shallow. Even from this distance though, you see it has intelligent eyes filled with curiosity. The creature is just as surprised by your presence at the bank of the lake as you are by its appearance here. You decide to enter the waters and move closer, speaking to the whale in the common tongue. It doesn’t reply, but its eyes show understanding.
Soon one of your party becomes brave enough to sit on the whale’s fin. The creature takes you on a swim, diving below the water. The experience leaves you in awe. This moment makes you remember why you’re adventuring – it’s not all about the riches, it’s about the wonders too.
- You make camp by a lake which is home to a whale-like monster. You befriend the monster, spending time swimming underwater with it.
- The monster from the lake disrupts your peaceful camping trip by attacking you. Will you fight it or run away in fear?
- While traveling on the road to the capital you come across a group of merchants making camp by a lake. They have many interesting wares to browse, and they invite you to eat porridge with them while you look over their goods.
Explore the underwater world of the beautiful coral reef!
One of your adventures takes you underwater in search of a shipwreck which houses a powerful artifact. Getting distracted from your quest isn’t easy though when you come across the area’s dazzlingly colorful coral reef. The beautiful structure teems with life as fishes and sea creatures swim around, hiding in the corals and foraging for food. You stop your adventure for a moment, taking in the gorgeous sight.
Suddenly your peace is interrupted when an enraged shark swims your way. Underwater combat is not your forte, but you’re too late to escape the creature. You prepare yourselves for a fight, hoping your mage’s powers will work underwater.
After defeating the shark, you resume your adventure, still hoping to find the treasure you seek.
- You come across a wonderful coral reef and stop to admire its beauty, but you are attacked by a vicious shark.
- The Ring of the Far-Traveler is hidden somewhere in the coral reef. You need to explore the area to find the artifact.
- Traveling in search of a powerful item in a shipwreck, you come across a dazzling coral reef. For some reason though, the reef is devoid of life. Your mage senses that powerful magic is at work here. Who could have placed such a curse on this beautiful reef, and for what reason?
You think you’re in for a peaceful night, but when you awaken you find that the artifact you acquired on your last adventure is missing!
On your last adventure you gained a glorious artifact – the Crown of the Fallen King. Tonight you’ve been sitting by the fire, talking about how successful you were in the fight. After assigning who will be on watch at what hours, those of you not on duty yet lie down inside your tents. Somehow your sleep tonight is heavier, and in the morning you realize you didn’t rise for your watch. Your party’s rogue, who had first watch, wakes up in pain from a night spent in a sitting position while likewise sleeping deeply. The party’s mage determines a spell must have been cast on you.
The fact that your camp has been ransacked becomes apparent instantly. Your bags have been opened and discarded haphazardly. Rations lay scattered around in the grass. Your weapons have been carelessly thrown amongst them on the ground. Reality hits hardest though when, after a full inventory of the items that remain, you fail to find the artifact from your last adventure that you worked so hard to acquire. Whoever looted your camp must have come specifically seeking the crown.
Footsteps on the ground indicate the direction the thieves went, so you pack your belongings and head after them. There’s no other way to deal with the situation – you won’t stand for being robbed!
- The artifact you worked so hard to get has been stolen during the night, and your camp has been ransacked. You must find the person responsible!
- During the night, goblins attack you – but in far greater numbers than usual. You run away to safety, but when you return you find your camp ransacked and some items missing. Getting revenge on the greenskins who robbed you will require a careful plan.
- While traveling on the road you come across the ransacked camp of a group of villagers. They cry that they’ve lost their most prized heirloom to a group of bandits. They show you which way the thieves went. Will you get that artifact back for the miserable travelers?
Explore the temple of the forgotten gods!
“I want you to protect me while I research the temple inside Lurin, a long-abandoned settlement in the middle of the Otolin Woods,” explains the scholar with a long white beard who wants to hire you for this new quest. You nod in agreement. After all, his request sounds simple enough.
You embark in the morning and spend the next few days locating the ruined town. Once there, the scholar takes particular interest in researching the temple. It’s been abandoned for so long that the vegetation has overgrown the building. A tree in the main room has even grown tall enough to pierce a hole in the roof overhead. Yet the statues of the gods remain surprisingly intact. You don’t recognize any of the depictions. These deities have been forgotten.
While you look around, some of the roots become animated and spring to attack you. You must protect the researcher as well as yourselves!
- You escort a researcher to a long-forgotten temple in an abandoned settlement. You explore until animated roots of the overgrown vegetation attack you.
- While looking around inside a temple, you touch one of the statues which opens a passage in the floor. The secret entrance leads to some kind of catacombs. Are you brave enough to venture down there and see what enemies may lurk belowground?
- A painter has asked to be escorted to the temple in Lurin to make sketches of the statues of the gods. However, vile shadows attack you once you’re inside – are these apparitions what remain of the priests that once served within this place?
Battle the scarecrows near Peter’s farm!
“The scarecrows on my field have become animated. Please do something about them!” Peter, the owner of the farm, begs you to help him out. While the money he offers isn’t much, you can’t find it in yourself to refuse his desperate request.
You leave his small house and pass by the barn. To your left there’s a large apple orchard. From here, you can already see the scarecrows prancing around in the wheat field in the distance. You run up to face them. They don’t prove to be much of a challenge; more like a nuisance really. All in a day’s work.
After the fight, Peter invites you to partake in a hearty meal and apple cider. He asks you about your adventures, and you gladly tell him your stories.
“I unearthed this strange artifact the other day in my field. Ever since then, the scarecrows have been attacking.” The farmer shows you a piece of what seems to be a tablet.
This artifact could be a remnant of an ancient civilization, so you decide to take it to the capital for the researchers to study. Hopefully the release of the curse was just a one-time occurrence. You don’t want your items to become animated as well.
- The scarecrows in Peter’s field have become animated. The farmer asks you to take them down.
- You help Peter out in the field where you find more pieces of the ancient tablet. Suddenly your weapons become animated and start attacking you.
- A festival takes place at Peter’s farm. You let yourself have some time to relax after your adventures.