We’re back with more news because we have a lot going on and I’m sure you’re curious what next steps we’ll take and what we’re currently working on.
We’ve been thinking about it for a long time, working out what to include in it, discussing, and then preparing the campaign to best show you what we’re about. Thank you for your understanding and trust.
You will be able to support us again soon – we will let you know when we have more details.
After a short rest after the campaign, we got back to work. We are currently focusing on:
- Gathering all your ideas together to put as many of them as possible into the project. Your feedback and comments during the campaign have been very helpful, and we now have a better understanding of your needs. That’s one of the great things about Kickstarter – you’ll be with us throughout production and development, supporting us and pointing out which solutions are best!
- We’ve decided to focus on the technical side of things right now to create an entire dungeon map adventure generation. We want this to be the first working Alpha version – a completely working first setting to generate. We will want to get this feature out as soon as possible, hopefully later this year, to those who have opted into Early Access.
- Many of you have asked how we are approaching generation and AI. We are currently planning to use deep learning to create the most useful adventures and dungeons possible, both in internal testing and already in Alpha testing with you. We’ve been doing a lot of conceptual work with Jack on what methods and elements are best to use. Next week, we’ll be fully working on AI to generate written content.
- We are also preparing conceptual materials and 3D assets for the promised settings. You can see the (working) graphics in this update!
- Next week, we’ll be launching a channel on Discord for our inner circle of advisors. We’ll start collecting information from you on item names, NPCs, and images to model you in NED! We are also reorganizing our server on Discord, and I hope that as many of you as possible will join us <3
- If you have any questions, please ask them in the comments below this post.
And here’s a look at what the maps will look like in different theme variations. A lot of people have been asking us for SF and modern maps so we show that we are working on them as well!