Visit Old Master Imogene’s tower where your magical wishes will come to life!
Or so said the pamphlet you read in town. Now that you’re actually in front of the wizard’s tower and knocking on the large oak door, there’s no reply. The door’s not locked though, and curiosity is stronger than your sense of danger. You enter and find yourself in a kitchen with a dining table. The remains of a meal lie abandoned on the table. The door to a storage room is ajar. But what are those purple stains? Looks like some sort of powder. The stains are also present on the stairs to the tower’s upper floors. And the master of the tower is nowhere to be found.
What a fraud! You won’t leave without having your wish granted through. You walk up the stairs. On the first floor there’s a small library with two armchairs. The suit of armor in the corner starts moving when you step lands in the middle of the floor – it’s animated!
After the fight, your feet carry you upstairs. On the second floor you find yourself in the wizard’s bedroom. So that’s what the purple powder was: the chalk with which a giant summoning circle on the floor has been drawn. And here lies the one who promised miracles too – the Old Master Imogene. He’s dead by the clawed hand of the demon inside the circle. Get ready for battle because the fiend is enraged – all it cares for is spilling blood!
At the top of the tower the beautiful view of the area takes your breath away. Yet you can’t help but notice the imps that the wizard has imprisoned in cages. A smaller summoning circle is drawn on the floor. Will you have mercy on the creatures and send them to freedom?
- You hear that Old Master Imogene who lives in the wizard tower an hour away from town makes love potions. A desperate noble lady who wants her crush to love her back hires you to fetch her a potion from the old man.
- Howls and groans of something not of this world have been heard from Old Master Imogene’s tower. The residents of a nearby village want you to check what has happened inside the tower.
- Old Master Imogene tasked you with collecting goblin ears for him for the latest concoction he’s preparing – a beauty potion, or so he claims. But when you return to the tower, the eccentric wizard is nowhere to be found.
Explore the ruins of a monastery deep in the woods!
Recently the villagers from Blackwoode have reported hearing ominous-sounding chants coming from the direction of the ruined monastery. Decades ago, the place was a holy site dedicated to the worship of a benevolent god. Now, ever since the cult died out, no one remembers the deity’s name. So why does the ruined monastery seem to be a place of activity once again?
When you follow the trail through the woods, you first reach the temple. It’s nothing like the places of worship you’re used to. With a high vaulted ceiling supported by many pillars, it is a sight to behold. There’s a simple desk on the podium at the other end of the temple. The sanctuary is not covered by dust. Has it been used recently? If so, for what?
A door on the side of the temple leads to a corridor. Adjacent to it is a dining room and a bedroom with bunk beds. In the middle of the ruin, an overgrown garden appears to have seen better days. The rest of the monastery is in a terrible state. Only the foundation remains to tell the story of what the site once used to be.
But from the most ruined area, eight hooded figures now emerge. It seems that these cultists are the monastery’s current residents, and they don’t take kindly to you walking around their home. You’re in for a fight!
- The villagers of Blackwoode have reported strange chanting coming from the monastery in the woods. They have decided to pay passing adventurers to rid the ruin of the inhabitants who have made it their new home.
- You’ve been investigating a cult that sends its members into cities to recruit new acolytes. What you’ve discovered leads you to the ruined monastery in the woods near Blackwoode. It seems you might have arrived at the right place!
- A woman from Blackwoode comes to you, crying. Her son has gone missing! When you arrive at the village you learn that there have been many disappearances in the past weeks. Eventually, information leads you to the abandoned ruins of a monastery in the nearby forest.